I’m generally pretty lazy when it comes to potatoes – I boil them and call it a day. But enough is enough! I decided to mix things up and try something a little bit different (albeit STILL pretty simple). The result? Smashed potatoes.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- Bag of mini yellow potatoes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of thyme
- 1/4 cup of parmesan areggiano
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil potatoes for 7-10 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, grate the parmesan and mix it in a bowl with thyme.
- Once potatoes feel ready (as in, you can slide a fork in easily), strain them and lay them on a baking sheet.
- “Smash” the potatoes using a meat pounder – or if you don’t have one of those, just use the back of a large ladle or spoon.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and grind on some pepper.
- Bake them for 5-10 minutes, then flip.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Take the little fellas out and drizzle on a bit more olive oil, then sprinkle with the mixture of thyme and parmesan.
- Voila! They’re ready to enjoy.