One day while at my boyfriend’s parents’ place, his mother asked me if I’d ever cooked with Panko. I said no, so she gave me a bag of the stuff to take home. Of course I decided to have a little kitchen experiment with those Japanese breadcrumbs. The result is this quick and easy baked and breaded chicken. It’s moist and full of flavour with a light, crunchy coating. Prep time is insanely short… then it just bakes in the oven!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 2 breasts of chicken
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. garlic seasoning or crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. shaved parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- While the oven heats up, mix together the mayo, garlic and shaven parmesan.
- Coat chicken breasts with the mayo mixture and place on baking tray.
- Sprinkle Panko breadcrumbs overtop until evenly coated.
- Bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Recipe: Corn on the cob with lime & cayenne (allthingsnice.ca)
- Recipe: Caesar salad (allthingsnice.ca)