Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Red onion
- Lemon (for juice)
- Ground black pepper
- First things first, you’ll have to cook the quinoa. You’ll find some good tips for how to do it by clicking here. Don’t overcook!
- While the quinoa is cooling down, finely chop some red onion and chives (amount based on your preference).
- In a bowl or on a plate, add arugula, chickpeas and quinoa. Sprinkle chives and onion on top, along with crumbled feta cheese.
- Mix together olive oil with some ground black pepper, a few squeezes of lemon juice and a dash of cayenne. Drizzle over top.
- Serve salad at room temperature or slightly chilled. Enjoy!
- Recipe: Baked & breaded chicken (allthingsnice.ca)
- Recipe: Caesar salad (allthingsnice.ca)
- Recipe: Corn on the cob with lime & cayenne (allthingsnice.ca)