I’ve been experimenting with recipes for paletas lately. You might’ve seen my post earlier this week for orange mango ones… this time around, I tried to switch things up and use berries (and do a fancy ombre thing, because why not, right?)
These are so easy to make if you’ve got a blender, and they’re pretty much guilt-free. Just fruit, no added sugar. Perfect dessert for a backyard party over the long weekend perhaps?
Ingredients (for 6 paletas):
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Mix together orange juice, honey, and most of the berries in a blender. Make sure to save a few berries!
- Pour about an inch into each mould, and add some torn up berries. Pour another inch or so, add a bit more torn up berries.
- Mix together a bit more orange juice and just a handful of berries (this’ll be to give it that “ombre” look.)
- Pour in this lighter-coloured mixture until the moulds are full.
- Put in the freezer for a minimum of 4-6 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the paletas from their moulds by running the moulds under hot water (or placing in a cup of hot water, alternatively). They should slide out easily with a bit of a jiggle!
- Orange mango paletas (allthingsnice.ca)