Chicken is so quick and easy – but with this dish, it’s actually got some kick, too. The combination of chilli pepper and cayenne in the marinade gives both the meat and beans some heat. I put all this together on the stovetop, but I can imagine this tasting even BETTER on the grill (if you’ve got a BBQ!)
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- Green beans
- 1 green chilli pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Ground black pepper
- Grate the lime and squeeze out the juice.
- Add lime juice/shavings to bowl, along with chopped up chilli pepper, garlic, olive oil, and cayenne pepper, to make the marinade.
- Coat chicken with marinade and let sit in the fridge for half an hour or so.
- Transfer chicken to a pan and cook on medium heat. Add more olive oil, salt, cayenne and ground pepper.
- While chicken is cooking, blanch green beans in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer green beans to pan with chicken and continue cooking until it’s ready to eat!
PS: If you’re not a fan of beans, this chicken dish would be amazing with cayenne-covered corn on the cob. And to cool down your tastebuds when you’re done, why not try some homemade berry or mango paletas – aka fresh, fruity ice pops? It’s the perfect meal for a summer night!