I realized the other day that if I’m cooking meat, it’s generally chicken. Jordan will sometimes bring home steak to feed his manly cravings for beef, but really, most weeknight meals are good ol’ fashioned poultry. When I realized how boring that makes me in the kitchen – I knew I had to try something new! Pork tenderloin seemed like a good idea… but I’d never tried it before. And we don’t own a barbecue. Those potential issues aside, this actually turned out quite nice in the oven – very juicy and flavourful. Jordan said it kind of tasted like chicken, but I’ll let you guys be the judge on that!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Slather half of the mixture on the pork tenderloin, coating both sides.
- Sear the tenderloin on the stovetop until all sides are browned (takes 3-5 minutes).
- Slather the tenderloin with the remaining mixture.
- Once oven is ready, bake tenderloin for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, slice, and serve.
- Tip: This pairs nicely with my smashed potatoes!