I’m a sucker for good pizza. You know the kind – savoury toppings, thin crust, perfectly melted cheese. Ever wondered how to make pizza at home? I know I have! My parents came over for dinner on Labour Day, which seemed like the perfect time to try making some… since I needed food that didn’t require eating at a kitchen table, because in our tiny condo, we don’t have one!
I got all the basic ingredients for this at my local Loblaws (we go to the gorgeous one at Maple Leaf Gardens.) They sell the perfect amount of pre-cooked pizza dough, sauce and mozzarella – pick those up and you’ll make your job a lot easier at home. We also grabbed some President’s Choice za’atar spice blend, which is a delicious Middle Eastern mix of dried thyme, roasted sesame seeds, and a few other yummy things:
Ingredients (for 1 pizza, 6 slices):
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shaved mozzarella
- 2-4 strips of prosciutto
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. za’atar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While oven heats up, layer sauce, mozzarella, arugula and prosciutto on pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the spices overtop.
- Cook pizza for around 7-8 minutes.
- Recipe: Pork & peppers with sriracha sauce (allthingsnice.ca)
- Recipe: Baked pork tenderloin (allthingsnice.ca)