Chicken is so easy to cook on a weeknight but I’m always looking for new ways to take it up a notch. This was a total experiment that my boyfriend deemed successful (aka he ate every last bit on his plate) so I figured I’d share it with all of you, too! If you’re looking for an insanely easy/quick weeknight meal that’s full of flavour, give this a try. I paired it with green beans, drizzled in olive oil, parmesan and walnuts, plus a side of mini yellow potatoes.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 2 breasts of chicken
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. cayenne
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Dash of chili flakes
- Ground pepper to taste
- Coat chicken with olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, cayenne, garlic and chili flakes.
- Marinade chicken in this coating for a few hours, if possible. If you’re short on time, simply add chicken to a pan coated with olive oil.
- Cook chicken 8-10 minutes, turning often, until fully cooked through.
- Serve with your sides and enjoy!
- Recipe: Baked & breaded chicken
- Recipe: Honey dijon chicken
- Recipe: Rosemary balsamic chicken with red peppers
- Recipe: Chili lime chicken and green beans