I was drawing a blank for what to make for dinner the other night, so I asked Jordan for an idea. “Uhh… how about ground beef? And pasta?” was his response. With that in mind, I set out to make something delicious with those two ingredients as a base. This turned out to be a hearty, flavourful meal with lots of leftovers! I love when experiments go well.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups of bocconcini pasta (you can also substitute penne pasta)
- 3/4 lb. of ground beef
- 1 can of pureed (or chunky) tomato
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. chili pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- Ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, fry ground beef in a large pan with olive oil until fully cooked.
- In a seperate smaller pan, fry garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain ground beef and add pureed tomato, garlic, onion, cayenne, chili flakes and dried basil to the pan.
- Continue cooking until this meat sauce is slightly thickened and heated through.
- Top pasta with the sauce and add parmesan and ground black pepper on top.